40 Days & 40 Nights before the shootings start.

October 8th, 2010 by Timo Vuorensola

I was doing a bit of calculations and realized that since today, we have exactly 40 days and 40 nights left before the shootings start. Because of this biblical number, I decided to start blogging daily (well, save the weekends) about the progress of the production on my Director’s Diary.

Although we’re getting closer to the shoot, we still have quite a lot of things that are still not in place, and the last 40 days to make every little detail to be in as good shape as possible, to eliminate all the unpleasant surprises coming along our way in the shootings. But right now, we’re quite well equipped, and I’m so excited to start the shootings. But nervous at the same time, there’s no question about it. This is my first professionally produced feature film, and we’ve been working on this ever since 2006 – that’s four years – and there hasn’t been one day during that time that I haven’t been thinking about the shootings. And now, as we are at the doorsteps of this actually happening, I feel unprepared. And I know I am not, but there’s no way helping to feel like that. It’s like a war – you can spend all the time you want planning the attack with your generals, but when the troops are unleashed on the battlefield, there’s no stopping them.

But luckily, my general staff is top notch. We’re gonna nail this bastard. But not without your help.

So, keep on Wrecking, spreading the good word of Iron Sky, Demanding to see the film and Shopping for Victory.

Fighting the Good Fight,

Yours truly,

Director Timo.

And here’s the first of the Director’s Diaries.

(Easiest way to follow is to Subscribe to our YouTube channel.)

9 Responses to “40 Days & 40 Nights before the shootings start.”

1. PD says:

Veeery excited about this.

2. Jabberwocky says:

Hi,

Looking forward to the shooting.
    but when do all the people from the german castings get a note if they are in or not?

3. FJS Falkonos says:

OK, let’s get started. I hope we see you in Frankfurt or in Lorch/Rheingau.

4. Scott Gordon says:

I have enjoyed the videos and updates on this project. The plot is interesting to say the least. The USA is ready for the Space Nazis “Bring ‘EM ON”.

SEMPER FI

5. Jabberwocky: A good question! I’ll ask from my casting people and let you know in the coming daily reports what info I get.

Scott Gordon: I sure hope you guys are, there’s gonna be a shitstorm of Nazis headed your way :)

6. Leonardo says:

Hello from Brazil :D

I’ve been following this project since 2007 and now I’m pretty excited with these news, so… I’m waiting :D

7. Joona says:

Does this mean we can carefully hope it will be on schedule for (what quarter of) 2011? I have a major operation that is not entirely without risk, and any extra reason to stay alive would be welcome.

Oh, as for the operation, they are turning me into a titanium boned cyborg terminator to kick space nazi arsch. Vainio Suomesta, syö uraania ja paskantaa köyhdytettyä alikaliammusta.

I guess I don’t need to even say this, but do have some guys & guyettes dedicate their free time (wtf is free time? something edible?) of making an extensive “making of”. Half of the fun in LOTR extended editions are those, for example.

Joona

8. Yep, a making of is definitely on the way.

Of course, our approach to making of is to do it while making the actual movie, in the form of Iron Sky Signals, blog posts, Director’s Diaries etc. Making of shouldn’t be just a feature on the disc, but an ongoing thing :)

9. Jabberwocky says:

Thanks Timo! Looking forward to new information. Still haven’t taken my annual leave to save it for the shooting :-)