I’ve been a bit sick most of the last week and also on Monday, so I wasn’t, unfortunately, able to do very interesting Director’s Diaries for the last few days. But fear not, they are still coming up – yesterday we were working with Mika on the storyboards, again, but this time doing a bit different work. We had our first official production schedule for the shoot, and we started to fit the shots per day to the schedule. We started out by chopping the storyboard and the schedule to small pieces with a real, heavy-weight analog cutter, then glueing the scheduled things on a black cardboard along with the appropriate storyboards, the re-organizing them in a bit more coherent way, thus forming the basis of the actual rhythm of each shooting day. There’s a bit more of that work still left to be done, but once it’s done, these black cardboards will follow us everywhere in the shootings.
I love it when some things still work the best with real analog devices – scissors, paper, glue and pen.