Iron Sky Shoot, Day 6: Dr. Richter’s Laboratory

November 25th, 2010 by Timo Vuorensola

I gotta say, the Art Department of Iron Sky is doing just continuously amazing, breathtaking work in creating sets that just keep on blowing me away every time. I thought that the White House was going to be the greatest set, but walking into Dr. Richter’s Laboratory, our set for today, I was just swept down, again. The room was quite small and stuffed with things – we built it in Opel factory’s old bunker – but the amount of details, the colors and the finishing was just amazing. It’s quite exactly as I’ve always pictured it to be when working on the script… Ulrika von Vegesack, Astrid Poeschke and their teams have been continuously exceeding themselves in excellency. Big thanks to them!

Photo: Tarja Jakunaho

Today was also the first day I got to work with Tilo Prückner who’s playing the part of Dr. Richter, a Nazi scientist who’s taken his experiments one step further, and turned them almost into works of art. Tilo is an amazing actor – you may remember him from his roles in such films as The Neverending Story and The Counterfeiters - and I just continue to amaze how great privilege it is to get to work with such experienced, professional and great actors as our cast is.

Photo: Tarja Jakunaho

We had a wonderful day today – I, to be honest, think we shot possibly the most beautiful stuff of the whole shoot today – and I’m really happy to return to Opel tomorrow to finish the shoot at Dr. Richter’s, and then moving on to Renate’s apartment.

So yes, today was the first time we shot material that takes place actually on the Moon. And the images, the lights and the camerawork Mika Orasmaa was able to create was beyond my wildest dreams.

14 Responses to “Iron Sky Shoot, Day 6: Dr. Richter’s Laboratory”

1. mualj von taulu says:

See you at the party, Richter!

Really can’t wait for this movie, looks good.

2. Mikko Kalliola says:

WOOO!

3. M!CKY says:

Cooool, the old OPEL bunker is just in front of me. I can see it out of my window………

4. Kerhohuone says:

At least, at this point, judging from these stills, I smell that certain flavor I was looking for.

Delicious.

5. para kazanma says:

“Really can’t wait for this movie, looks good.

6. sympa mais aujourd’hui” il faut “vous décider mon site registre des creations

7. Very interesting post. really informative. of all the blogs I have read on the same topic, this one is actually enlightening.

8. Robbie says:

If you are a small company struggling in this economy it’s really worth trying to get your name out there and the products and services you can offer by exhibiting at exhibitions and trade shows in your niche. Furthermore, they are constructed to last a long time they can be recycled for other uses.

9. Terus terang saya kater… blog nie .. memang terbaikklahhh :)

10. Outstanding beat! I’d like to newbie at the same time as you fix your site, how will i subscribe for any blog site website? This consideration made it easier for us a correct deal. I’d been little familiarised of this a person’s transmitted given vibrant apparent concept

11. baju muslim says:

Islamic clothing is simple and attractive, giving it a increasing reputation among citizens of these days. Most cloths are produced from cotton and therefore they are most suitable for the hot and humid situations in Asia. Because the cloths are obtainable in most existing fashionable style is usually put on for a lot of occasions and looks extremely distinctive from standard occasion cloths. as well as the Ideal place to purchase these cloths on line exactly where one can buy this cloths at pretty low cost and these cloths are accessible in lots of diverse ranges so one choice as per its interest. So a single should attempt the Islamic clothing and really feel the pride of wearing such top quality dresses.

12. busana musli says:

I’ve understand some excellent goods below. Seriously worth book-marking to get revisiting. I wonder just how a great deal try out you put to make this type of superb beneficial internet site.

13. Anyone effectively assist to create significantly reports I might state. That’s the beginer I went to internet site and to here? We stunned using the research you made for making this type of post remarkable. Amazing employment!

14. baju muslim says:

I recently just like the beneficial information an individual offer your articles. I am going to save your blog site and examine just as before listed here routinely. I’m just reasonably ‘ will likely be educated a lot of completely new material good in this article! All the best for the!