Iron Sky Publicity Stunt winners announced!

March 22nd, 2012 by Timo Vuorensola

Last week we did a fun little test, and asked our fans to do crazy shit, and we’ll pick one of the teams and fly two of them to Finland for Iron Sky premiere next Monday. Well, that’s what we did; although we had a bunch of really good ones, we decided the Moon Nazi Scouts from San Francisco won our hearts, especially the last bit with the speeding cop car crashing the scene gave a nice smile on our faces. Thanks guys, here’s the video, and thanks to everyone else who participated, hugely appreciated! Hope you had as much fun making the vids as we had watching them :)

So, our next big move is to try to track down these freaks and fly them over to Finland for the premiere! Congratulations!

6 Responses to “Iron Sky Publicity Stunt winners announced!”

1. HosungWon says:

Thanks to them without Nazi sign on armband or clothes.
    Also a BB gun with colour parts.

It’s USA. If they were wearing Swastika and a gun without colour parts, might be in big trouble…

As you said at first time about this project: “Don’t do any stupid.” could become true.

However, I like the video. Well done in San Fransisco.

2. Cameron says:

I honestly thought the cop car at the end would hurt their chances of winning because it feels like waving guns in public is something “stupid” to do in public as the rules state.

It’s one of the reasons I didn’t use one myself for our video.

Either way; congrats to the winners.

3. Lilith says:

Congrats,

but I’d just like to state that it would have been incredibly stupid and inappropriate for my friend’s group to bring any sort of weapon into the fold after our school suffered a shooting several years ago.

And I had I seen them on the streets I wouldn’t have reacted well. For many reasons.

But alas congrats guys it was a fun video.

4. Sam says:

Was that guy with the ponytail Torssonen’s long lost american cousin?

5. J. says:

As if a ”colour part” keeps a real gun from functioning… ;)

While I like the winning video very much, it’s also pretty stupid what they did! Only do this in a controlled situation!

6. Tillikka says:

So were they in the premiere?

BTW, one thing seems to be missing in lots these videos.

Reason (watched only a bit of the show so maybe it was answered already) for Tampere being slightly better than other towns is quite simple:
    It is a bit more relaxed than other large towns. Not much but enough to entice some there. Turku, too has lots of the more relaxed people but also lots of the uptight.
    Much smaller towns can be more relaxed but in them there is not enough people to reach even part of the critical mass and also they do not get any investment.
    The uptight make lots of noise and mess things up in most large towns.