The first teaser poster for IRON SKY THE COMING RACE released!

May 20th, 2013 by Timo Vuorensola

The first official teaser poster for the sequel of Iron Sky has been released. The sequel started its’ lengthy and ambitious crowdfunding campaign few days ago and is aiming for shootings in 2015. The script is being developed by the original writing team, and the style of the film will be darker, crazier and more epic.

Many of you have already spotted references to Edward Bulwer-Lytton‘s 1871-released book Vril, The Power of Coming Race. The film is not based on the book, but we’ve gathered a lot of references and ideas from famous conspiracy theories.

The film will be largely crowdfunded in an attempt to be able to keep our original vision unhindered by outside demands. This allows us also to have a bit sexier and more violent approach – not to say that’s the aim, but it’s good to have leeway to those directions as well. With script PG-13 aim of Iron Sky, that was quite soon ruled out. We want to go more to the direction of Starship Troopers.

Crowdfunding campaign is ongoing at IndieGoGo, a platform available worldwide. The aim is to first finance the script for the film, a few minutes promo reel and a production plan and budget. The campaign attracted over 10000 on its first few days, a good start on the way to the goal of 150000 by the end of June.

Today released teaser poster here in high quality: http://i.imgur.com/nbVkveb.jpg

Iron Sky The Coming Race crowdfunding page: www.igg.me/at/thecomingrace

10 Responses to “The first teaser poster for IRON SKY THE COMING RACE released!”

1. Victor V says:

How much would we have to contribute to get our name in the credits of the movie ?

2. Hi, just wanted to mention, I enjoyed this article. It was funny. Keep on posting!

3. ???? says:

Hello this is a wonderful post. I’m going to mail this to my friends. I stumbled on this whilst looking on bing I’ll make sure to come back. thanks for sharing.

4. ??? says:

Kudos to get a great article! Yours is among the most fascinating posts I’ve study on this subject. Your readers are lucky to read this.

5. ??? says:

This short article is leading notch. I salute you in your use of phrases and research on this subject. Please don’t stop creating these. They’re high high quality and some of the best I’ve seen.

6. Jon says:

First, spam above :P

Second, you should consider spreading the word about this campaign more. I only heard about this because I follow this blog. Maybe consider posting it to r/scifi on reddit or similar?

7. Reno says:

Dear Friends,

I find it great news that the comic ios now finished. As a paying member of the original Iron Sky SneakPeak (for the first film) I was promised this comic in three parts for free, but you only ever published the first part via the page linked above. Now the entire comic is part of the promise for the new film, but what happens to all of us who already have paid? Is this BEUTEKUNST? ;-)

8. Harry says:

It’s all true! :) Just look this russian documentary http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwUpPwyyvLw

9. ruth murphy says:

I was lucky enough to read this article and find out a second film will be created. This is how the movie was made and it really has a humble beginning.