There’s been quite a lot of requests for women’s T-shirts for Iron Sky. Here, we made a mocup of three different shirts – which one do you prefer the most?
Archive for the ‘Energia’ Category
Stuff about our production company, Energia Productions Ltd.
The news just arrived from Downunder: principal photography finished, all filmed material is in the can (or on portable hard drives in this case), and everyone is washing away the Australian dust with a hefty soaking of assorted beverages! On the part of the Finland crew, congratulations on making it this far and thanks for all the hard work, and see you on Monday!
The film itself, of course, is far from finished. It could be said that most of the work is still to be done. Editing is part of it. Arguably a larger part still are the visual effects which have already been underway here at the Tampere office for several months – and the pace will only pick up from here.
The visual effects production for the feature-length scifi comedy “Iron Sky” has begun. Currently we have an inhouse team, led by Samuli Torssonen – the man behind Star Wreck. We are now calling all talented CGI artists around the world who have a passion for motion picture visual effects. We offer a competitive pay and a bunch of extremely dedicated coworkers. A project featuring Space Nazis is not something you want to let pass lightly!
Iron Sky is a science fiction comedy being produced by Blind Spot Pictures and Energia Productions in Finland, and co-produced by 27 Films in Germany and New Holland Pictures in Australia. The budget is roughly 6 million euros. The primary language of the film will be English, with worldwide theatrical and online distribution.
WHEN AND WHERE
Iron Sky is starting shooting in less than two weeks and principal photography will be finished by the beginning of February 2011. CGI production will take place in Tampere, Finland. Post production will be finished by the end of October 2011.
- Competitive salaries
- An interesting and challenging project
- A creative and passionate team
- We will also help you find an apartment near the production facilities
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Maya Lead Animator
- Able to lead a team of animators
- Experience in working with 3D tracked camera solutions
- Experience with character animation (digital stunts)
Maya Lead Shading & Texturing artist
- You can deliver realistically textured & shaded assets ready for rendering
- Knowledge of advanced lighting techniques (for example HDR environments, ambient occlusion, texture baking)
- You know Maya Mental Ray shaders inside-out
Maya Dynamics Technical Director
- Extensive experience in Maya particles and fluids
- Experience in creating effects such as fire, smoke, destruction, explosions, mist, dust, etc.
- Experience with objects dynamics (destroying various kind of things!)
- Experience with Mel scripting
Maya Lighting TD
- Previous experience in lighting photorealistic CG in live action environments is essential
- Comprehensive experience with Maya Mental Ray is required
- Can set up the scene for the final render
We might also consider a Softimage / Houdini dynamics TD
- You know how to transfer data to Maya
Very experienced Lightwave generalists
- Able to animate, create dynamics, shade and render out the final frames
- Able to transfer data between Maya and Lightwave
Nuke / After Effects Compositors
If none of the described positions seem to fit, but you are sure you’d be a great help, feel free to send in an open application.
Send your resumes/portfolios/showreels to: email@example.com
If you are a promising student or self-taught 3D artist without work experience, ask for an internship. We generally cannot offer paid internship positions but we offer you real work experience in your field – not just making coffee at a fancy office.
We are always on the lookout for talented people to create amazing visual effects and animations.
Is you’re interested call Samuli at +358-40-749-9765 and send your resume with samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A new Director’s Diary is up! Timo & the gang are starting to work with the animatics and the virtual sets of Iron Sky.